Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

What I ate Tuesday- Plus an announcement

Today's what I ate Tuesday was a bit of a failure as we spent most of the morning and afternoon getting back from Barcelona.  But before I share the photos that I did manage to take, I have an announcement:

I'm engaged!

Enjoying a refreshing beverage on La Rambla, Barcelona
It happened on Friday, on our four year anniversary and the day before going to Barcelona.

So now that's out of the way, here is some of what I ate today.

After a morning croissant that I bought at Veganoteca the day before, I was feeling a bit peckish at Barcelona airport so had a few of these which I also got from there.



They reminded me of BN biscuits and had a lovely chocolate praline centre.

On the plane I had some of the snacks that I brought with me that I mentioned in this post.

The Boy's parents had offered to pick us up from the airport, and when we came back we found some engagement presents waiting for us, including this really cute penguin statue.


I really just picked at stuff until this evening when I made this peanut stew from The Vegan Stoner.


As well as the penguin statue, The Boy's mum had also made us a vegan engagement cake, and despite eating enough cake to last me a fortnight it would have been rude not to have a piece for dessert!



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Getting engaged is a perfect excuse to eat lots of cake, so go for it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nawwww so happy for you crazy kids! :D was it a total surprise? Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I love this post! Those biscuit bars are so delicious and the cake looks amazing and I love the little penguin statues. Congrat's on getting engaged, yay for love!

    ReplyDelete